Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Worked the phone banks at the local Republican HQ this weekend. Typical positive responses from the party faithful as well as the chronically undecided.
However, it was the call sheet from the "Belly of the Beast" that had me most surprised. This phone list, bequeathed to me due to my infectious optimism as well as my complete dearth of personal shame, contained the inhabitants of the most liberal precinct in my county (hint: home of a legendary radical 60's/70's college campus).
Anyhow, the callees not only refrained from issuing death threats and inferences to my mother's volcanic libido, but they also were suprisingly receptive to my conservative wiles. Positive responses that I'd think would be more at home on an early 80's Reaganesque campus rather than of hotly divided anti-Bush lair.

Free Web Site Counter
Blockbuster Coupon
Free Web Site Counter
Blockbuster Coupon