Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Mass Confusion In My Sleepy Little Village

Due to construction of a new village hall, the residents of Sleepy Village proper are voting in my usual polling place. Since its about the same size as a glorified men's room, there was a wee bit of confusion as to who sticks what in where (prom night, anyone?).
I drove up at 6:45AM and was greeted by a line of humanity about 50 souls long. Very unusual where I come from. My initial reaction was that these were the new registrants paid for by the NAACP with three vials of crack. But then I found out that there was a separate (and much shorter) line inside for my precinct. But not before I heard a middle-aged woman claim that the Republican poll watchers were intimidating Dems by asking for ID.
Anyway, I poked and prodded my good ol' reliable punch card and proceeded on my way.

Free Web Site Counter
Blockbuster Coupon
Free Web Site Counter
Blockbuster Coupon